The 5 Best Sports Cars of the Year
If you are in the market for a sports car, you don’t just want to settle for any sports car. After all, in this modern day and age, there are major differences in the vehicles available. With state of the art technology, you can get cars with a variety of options and countless features. Here are the five best sports cars of the year and a little bit about what makes them stand out.
1. Mazda Miata – The newly designed Mazda MX-5 Miata offers sharp handling, a folding roof, comfortable interior and is fun to drive. Available for less than $30,000, the two-seater is a rear-wheel drive vehicle that gets 26 to 27 miles per gallon in the city and 33 to 36 miles per gallon on the highway. Powered by a 155-hp four-cylinder engine, the car has a small trunk but its fuel economy, safety features, and agility make up the differences.
2. Ford Mustang – An All-American muscle car that comes with different body styles, trims, and engine options, there is bound to be a Mustang that suits your style. With engines ranging from four cylinders to powerful V8s, this four-seater gets 14 to 21 miles per gallon in the city and 21 to 30 miles per gallon on the highway. Engines range from 300-hp on up to 526-hp and the car has a rear-wheel drivetrain. It features a high-end cabin, a smooth ride with agile handling, and good crash-test scores, but it does have a small backseat.
3. Chevrolet Camaro – Another beloved American muscle car, the Chevrolet Camaro has two engine choices – a V6 or V8 engine this year. With amazing handling, this car has some technology not offered by competing sports cars. The weakest spots are cramped rear seats, limited outward visibility, and a small trunk. The rear-wheel drive vehicle has engines ranging from 275-hp to 650-hp and seats four. It gets 12 to 22 miles per gallon in the city and 20 to 31 miles per gallon on the highway. Great additions to this year’s line-up include a high-performance ZL1 model a 1LE performance package, and a Teen Driver system. Its ride quality and superb handling along with its fuel economy make it a top choice for sports car enthusiasts.
4. Toyota 86 – With front seats that are supportive and athletic-style handling, the Toyota 86 has great fuel economy and is fun to drive. The rear-wheel drive car features a touch-screen to control in-vehicle functions, but it can be washed out by the sun. Featuring four-person seating, it gets 21 to 24 miles per gallon in the city and 28 to 32 miles per gallon on the highway. The engine has 200 to 205-horsepower, so the engine power is not impressive. The outstanding handling and comfortable front seats make this car a favorite.
5. Fiat 124 Spider – Brand new for 2017, the Fiat 124 Spider performs exceptionally well. The rear-wheel-drive sports car has an easy to lower convertible top, great fuel economy, and seats that are comfortable and supportive. The downside is that the seats are not designed for taller drivers and passengers. A two-seater, it has an engine with 160 to 164-horsepower.
These five sports cars are the best of the best, loaded with impressive features and exciting drive capabilities. If you’re ready to hit the road with speed, power, and exceptional handling, check out these stunning sports cars at a dealership near you.